5 Game-Changing Healthy Recipes
I wish I was one of those people who had the kind of metabolism that allowed me to eat pasta and Chinese food every single night and not gain a single pound. Unfortunately, I don't. But hey, it's cool. That just means I get to try amazing recipes that are way better for me and are pretty impressive, if I do say so myself. I found 5 game-changing healthy recipes that are absolutely delicious. You need to try them!
01. Sweet Potato Crust BBQ Chicken Pizza - I love sweet potatoes, and I'm always up for a gluten free pizza crust, so when I saw this recipe I text my mom right away and told her we had to make it for family dinner. Barbecue is pretty much the only way I'll take my pizza whenever I go to one of those Chipotle-inspired pizza places where you pick your own toppings, sauces, etc. so this was a no-brainer. Try it and let me know what you think!
02. Basil Chicken Lettuce Wraps - Asian food is my absolute favorite type of food. Thai, Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, I literally don't care. I love it all. I have another recipe for lettuce wraps that I kinda just threw together, but these caught my eye because of the basil. They're an amazing and quick healthy dinner that you can warm up later on throughout your week for lunch.
03. Barbecue Pineapple Chicken - I have personally tried this recipe and it is absolutely delicious. It's literally bursting with flavor and takes minutes to make. Plus, it's great to throw on a a salad or rice later on in the week. It's one of my favorites. (I have a lot of favorites - you'll catch on quick.)
04. Healthier Cajun Chicken Pasta - Cajun pasta is something I crave quite often and is the only thing I get if I ever end up at a Chili's (not my favorite place, but whatever). I love all of the different spices and LOVE the creamy sauce, but clearly that's not something I should always be eating. So you can imagine how ecstatic I was when I came across this recipe! Check it out. The only thing I'd add to it is sausage or shrimp - because yum.
05. Honey Garlic Salmon - I was never super into salmon until a few months ago, a few friends had me over for dinner and cooked salmon. I was skeptical at first, because in times past salmon had always tasted pretty fishy to me. Obviously I learned later that it just wasn't cooked properly. This salmon recipe combines two amazing ingredients - honey and garlic - to create a simple, healthy but delicious (and impressive) meal. If you want to kick it up a little bit, add some lime. DELISH.
Let me know in the comments below if you've tried any of these delicious meals!