3 Snack Ideas For Your Next Netflix Night-In
Often times my Friday nights consist of getting all dolled up and heading out to an overpriced, (sometimes) totally worth it, restaurant with friends. If I'm being honest though, my favorite Friday nights are spent binge-watching my favorite series or a poorly made Netflix thriller with friends. And, of course, this requires snacks! But seriously, potato chips aren't going to cut it. I have 3 snack ideas for you that will kick things up at your next Netflix night! Enjoy!
When I tell you these are my favorite snack... girl. I make them a few times a month. I literally crave them. The recipe is beyond simple, and these take absolutely no time to make at all. There is a specific recipe to them but I honestly eyeball the measurements depending on how much of a certain flavor I want.
Here's what you'll need:
- Bag of pretzels
- Canola/vegetable oil
- 1 packet of dry ranch seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Lemon pepper
Start by preheating your oven to 200 degrees. Then, pour your pretzels into a gallon sized Ziploc bag. In a bowl, mix your oil + dry ingredients. (Seriously, no specific measurements here -- just however you like.) Once all of the ingredients are in the bag, shake the bag of pretzels around, making sure all of the pretzels are coated in the seasoning. Some people like to let these sit and "marinate" so to speak, but I just pop them on a baking sheet and in the oven for 40 minutes. You can taste one of the pretzels before putting them in the oven and see how they taste, if you want them spicier- add more cayenne. (I do, so I pour like half the bottle in there. hehe.)
40 minutes later, boom. Fair warning: you will probably consume the entire bag in one sitting. Just throwing that out there! Don't say I didn't warn you- they're THAT good!
Homemade Kettle Corn
Kettle corn is my go-to. Especially when it's homemade and HOT. Seriously, is there anything better? (Maybe only a few things- a few.) This recipe is for my girls who have a sweet and salty tooth. (Hey, it's a real thing, ok?!) I got this recipe from Jen over at YummyHealthyEasy.com!
Here's what you'll need:
- ¼ cup oil, such as canola
- 2-3 Tbsp. Truvia Baking Blend (or ¼ cup sugar)
- ½ cup uncooked popcorn kernels
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1-2 Tbsp. melted butter, if desired for topping
Here's what to do
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a heavy pan. Add 3 popcorn kernels to the oil. Shake pan every few seconds until the 3 kernels pop.
- When popped, add Truvia or sugar and stir constantly until close to dissolved, about 10-15 seconds.
- Quickly add ½ cup popcorn kernels and cover with lid.
- Shake pan five times and let rest for 2 seconds. Repeat this until you hear the popping stop.
- Immediately pull off heat and pour into a large bowl. Toss with ¼ tsp. salt. If desired, add 1-2 Tbsp. melted butter and drizzle over the top for extra flavor. Enjoy!
You can find the entire recipe here - it is completely detailed and completely amazing. I thought I'd just put a click-through link instead of trying to organize everything the way she did. Don't these look incredible, though? My mouth is watering...
Alright, y'all! There you go. Please, please, please let me know if you try any of these and how you like them! Also, leave a comment below with your go-to Netflix Night-In snack. I'm always looking for a good movie night snack!